Monday, December 14, 2009

Quiet(er) Day

Who knew that a shots appt at the doctor would turn out to be the least traumatic dr visit we've had in a while? Go figure.
We're hoping to cruise through this week relatively unscathed with appts everyday, but secondary appts--except of course tomorrow when they have scheduled a 7:30 EEG for Livi. Apparently this requires that both her and I wake up at 4am tomorrow and do our best to keep each other awake. Apparently the people in the EEG lab have not met my child. There is no way in hell this kid is staying up if she doesn't want to. They say "music, lights, cold air, whatever it takes". Know what it would take? The second coming--anything short of that will not be worth waking up for, according to Livi. All I can do is try and lie to them when I get there are tell them she just fell asleep in the car. These are the instructions from the doctors who have met Olivia. :) Seriously, they told me to lie to the techs. I'm throwing those doctors under the bus with me if they give me attitude tomorrow at 7:30am after I've been up for almost four hours too. Believe me.

We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of grandma and papa from Texas. They are coming tomorrow night. They better bring the warmth with them.

Here are some pictures from the last few days. I swear we don't lie around and sleep all the time...

Quality time...

Almost napping with Mr. Elephant...

Family cuddle time...seems like someone is missing????

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - where did she get that stubborn streak? Can't imagine....
    Tell Bobby and Alice "Hi" for us - wish we were all there together!
    Kisses to my Livi girl, Grandma Marge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck the next few days! Love the pictures. Looks like all three of you got in trouble and had to go to the couch. I thought this only happened to your dad!
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always in my prayers and I think of your family daily! Thanks so much for the updates I appreciate being able to secretly stalk you! All my love!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the tough times and the good times with us. I treasure the pictures posted and enjoy seeing Livvie's sweet face. Your constantly in our thoughts and prayers.
    Much love to you all - Matilda and family.

    ReplyDelete