Saturday, July 3, 2010

Too much fun?





As you can see, we had quite the fun time with our friends last night after a very hectic day and not very productive napping. This seemed fine until about 2am when Olivia seemed a little agitated and coughing from all of the saliva she is producing while rubbing her tongue on her gums and teeth. Thats when I woke up. 4:30am--thats when both Olivia and I finally went to sleep again. This morning, about 8am or so I woke up to find that though Olivia had been sleeping soundly, her heart rate was a little high and oxygen sats a little low. I took her temp and was devastated to find it at 99 degrees. Seriously? Again? What is it? We CANNOT push the surgery back any more!

I woke Brian up and sent him to the drugstore because we were out of both Tylenol and ibuprofen. I was almost to the point of tears as her heart rate and oxygen seemed to not get any better over the next hour. No fever above 99 degrees, but we had three cold washcloths on her. Finally, at the end of my rope and ready to lay down for a nap Brian and I hear a VERY loud stinky, wet toot coming from Olivia. I swear, I couldn't make this up if I tried...a ton of wipes, even more paper towels and two plastic bags later Olivia is rolling around on the floor, sats fine, heart rate fine, happy as a clam. No temp. The girl just needed to poop--again. Go figure!

1 comment:

  1. isn't it crazy that mom's can get excited over poop? i'm glad she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete