Every day I think, 'man, I need to blog this' and then another day goes by and more stuff happens and I keep waiting for things to calm down so I don't have a running list of things to tell you. The list has not stopped, but I guess I have to start somewhere.
I'm technically due with Gabby Saturday, but she doesn't seem to be in a hurry to come meet us (it must be something my kids got together and decided on) so, at the risk of me doing past my due date again, instead my dr. decided to go ahead and induce me this Wed, the 14th. We are SO very excited, but then something happened yesterday that threw a wrench in things...
We had to bring Livi back to the hospital. We're still a little unsure as to what the whole deal is, but she had an obstruction in her intestines-- basically she had tons of gas stuck in her gut and it was really hurting her. They've got her on IV fluids, though are now ready to start her on her regular food here in an hour or so because she's passed so much gas and stool and her stomach has now deflated to a normal-ish size. Food is good. She is also on a little bit of oxygen and we don't know if its because she has an upper respiratory infection too or because her inflated gut was taking up so much of her chest cavity that she didn't have tons of room to breath. We'll find out soon enough--the radiologist just did a chest x-ray less than an hour ago, so we'll know soon. She is finally not in pain and resting comfortably.
So, one of our biggest "concerns" looks like it has the possibility to happen: me and Livi being inpatient in two separate hospitals at the same time. Is it the worst thing in the world? No. But definitely not convenient. My hope is that she will be home by Tuesday, but I'm learning that those are the kinds of things I have absolutely no control over and should not spend time worrying about it, just planning for it. Luckily, my parents are totally awesome and are coming into town Tuesday evening 'til at least when Gabs and I get home from the hospital. So, if Livi's in the hospital Wed. then she is and my parents are here to take care of her, and if she's home, then they'll be there to take care of her. Either way, we will both be very well taken care of for sure.
We would really covet your thoughts and prayers the next few days as things wind down--prayers for healing for Livi and health for Gabby, but also just for peace and understanding no matter what circumstances change between now and then--and I'm sure there will be plenty of that.
On a high note, Livi had her first holiday program at school last week and it was adorable! She did great! We have some pictures, but seeing as I'll have plenty of time on my hands the next day or so I'll post those then.